Eat2Health has nominated goodmotherdiet for the Real Neat Blog Award. Eat2Health is fantastic blog run by a husband and wife team with a wealth of information on nutrition, diet, general health and fitness. Check them out.for a host of recipes and other great healthy stuff.
This award is another friendly and light-hearted award to get to know your fellow bloggers and to recognise their achievements. 🙂
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time, or don’t accept awards etc.):
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- What are the three top foods that you have you eaten throughout your entire life and why? (#wearepeanutbutteraddicts)
Wow! That is a hard one. As one of eleven children, I grew up on casseroles home grown chicken and veggies and married a meat and potatoes guy. Then I stopped eating meat. My constants would be tomatoes, fresh veggies from my garden and pasture raised eggs.
2. If you could meet any author, who would you pick?
JK Rowling. My son, Eric, twice in his youth handed me books and said “I want you to read this.” Harry Potter was one (the other book was ‘Holes’) and I was hooked from the first page, then wowed by staircases that move, photos where people don’t have to always be there and chess pieces that bargain to stay in the game. I love her personal story too and would love to meet her. I mean, what a fabulous imagination!
3. What type of music annoys you to the brink of insanity?
Any song that stays in my head all day.
4. What do you love the most about cooking your own meals?
In cooking there are limitless ideas, ingredients and flavors to be combined and recombined. You can take the same five ingredients and by preparing them differently or roasting instead of sauteeing, the resulting dishes are nothing alike.
5. What is your favourite childhood memory?
With the recent passing of my mother, I have been looking through all my old photos (boxes and boxes of them). I ran across this one of me as a teenager, home sick from school and hanging out with our new chickens in the backyard. Many of my happy memories revolve around my family, home and garden. I still think of cherry tomatoes, picked warm from the sun, as nature’s candy.
6. What angers you the most about the world that we live in?
Cruelty in general. I have become very passionate about animal rights. I think it is very wrong that we treat our farm animals with complete lack of regard for their welfare, yet our pampered dogs and cats (including mine) have very clear rights. People go to jail for abusing their dogs (and should) but cows and pigs are abused from their day of birth and its okay. I believe all animals deserve to have a life worth living. Future generations will not look back on us kindly.
7. How do you make a cup of caffeinated tea (this is an ongoing joke in the UK!)?
Tea bag + hot water
8. What is your one guilty pleasure?
TV! Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Vikings. Will even admit to The Bachelor. (Sorry not Sorry)
9. What’s the most embarrassing (or second embarrassing!) moment that’s ever happened to you?
I’m pretty sure I don’t remember it…
10. What country does your blog get the most visitors from?
USA (probably the San Francisco area where I live), followed by Canada, UK then Australia and over 100 other countries. Love all my readers!
OKAY, here are My Nominees for this Award (I’m sure I’m missing a couple of favorites):
- What is your favorite dish?
- Why did you decide to blog?
- What do you love about the world?
- What do you hate about the world?
- What would your superpower be and what would you do with it?
- What is your favorite non-food activity?
- Which type of your blog posts gets the most activity?